Friday, December 26, 2008

Our First appt.




Sept 21, 2008
We both got up really early and made sure we were all ready. We arrived at about 8:15 and anxiously waited, my mom arrived shortly after. We waited in the waiting room for about 15 min my stomach was starting to get butterflies, this is about to turn real. I knew we were pregnant, but we were about to have it confirmed. The sono tech called us to the room and asked me a few general questions. She then had me undress from the waist down. She explains the sono to me and preceeds, my mom begins to get the video camera out so that can tape the TV of the sono and Kevin sits beside me as we hold hands. I first see the black circle on the screen which confirmed to me there was our little munchkin but as grandma calls it a frog, I could see it all. Even though it looks different, to me I knew what everything was. As the sono tech continues to look around I see a flicker on the screen and I said “look there is the heartbeat,” my eyes filled with tears, and the sono tech said and “now you can hear it.” That was music to my ears, my mom was standing up and I saw her crying and she was holding her face but Kevin was sitting beside me holding my hand I did not even see him crying my eyes were so fixed on that TV screen, he later on told me that he cried. The sono tech gave us some paperwork on the babys development at this time and details for future sono’s.

We then went to see the nurse and more questions, vital signs, weight and lots of paperwork, I understood everything but because this is our family it was so much fun. We got goody bags and books, it was so exciting. We preceded with the visit and had blood work done and got to leave.

Kevin and I went home and later on ran a bunch of errands and looked for our first baby outfit, neutral color but no luck, we are to picky.
To top of this experience we were amazed to see our child even though it looks like a frog it is still our child and am so lucky to have been blessed with such an amazing gift and amazing husband. My life is the best right now and cant wait for our future enderavors.

No comments: