Friday, May 22, 2009

Daddy Speaks

Gavin is 3 weeks old today.

Wow time flies when you are having fun. I could never of imagined having these strong feelings instantly after his birth; and to think they will only and have only gotten stronger since. I remember watching his birth in amazement, thinking "what did I do to deserve such a perfect little person in my life". Our family has truly been blessed with our new little addition. He is the center of all of my thoughts and the focus in all of my prayers. I love my son with all of my heart and thank God for him every day.

My beautiful wife

Words cannot say how I feel about B. She is my backbone, my strength, my everything. She is a wonderful mother, a best friend, a soulmate, and I could go on and on. Watching her with Gavin is awesome. She just "gets it" if you know what I mean. She knows just how to hold him, how to speak to him, and how to correct me when I am not as successful.

I have known for many years that she would one day make a great mother to our child, however; never in my wildest dreams did I think she would suprise me to this extent. I love to watch her with amazement and awe as she cares for him in the gentlest manner and calms him when he is in need. I sometimes sit and watch as Gavin falls asleep on her chest and what a perfect site it is to see. My life is complete with her in it and I am forever greatful for my "B".

Daddy

No comments: