Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Arrival

Thursday April 30, 2009 at 5:30am I felt that my water had broken but since I had a Dr. appt at 8:30 we decided to wait to see the Dr. to make sure. Well much to our suprise my water had not broken so we scheduled the induction date and went on our merry way, haha. We actually did a bunch of errands to get ready for Gavins arrival. We spent the rest of the evening at home spring cleaning and grilling. We were sittin on the back porch and Kevin said that my pants we wet, we both jumped up and yes they were wet but not alot so we had decided to watch it. We finished grilling, ate, went for a walk - I actually ran some, took a shower. Through all this I was having some irregular ctx's but they were getting stronger and more regular. After about 3hrs of ctx's and 1hr of hard, regular ctx's and bleeding we decided to make a trip to labor and delivery, with every anticipation of going home. Upon arrival to the hospital they placed me on some monitors and asked all the basic questions and did an Amnisure test (test to see it my water had ruptured). With fear in our eyes as we watched the test and 2 lines appeared, meaning my water had broke and the nurse confirmed it and that we were staying, we both broke down into tears. We are going to meet our little BOY soon :)

THE LABOR:
We arrived at the hospital at 11:04 pm, admitted around midnight and transfered to the floor and the process began. I got my IV and they started Pitocin around 2am to inncrease the strength of my ctx's and get a better pattern. The pain was awful I went from being able to talk with my ctx's to not being able to breathe in like 2 seconds, it happened fast. They offered me the epidural but being only 1cm I said no. After 30 min fo pain I convinced myself to get some pain meds, but decided to get the epidual instead, still on 1 cm, so I got it around 3 am. Approx. 2 hrs later I was 3-4 cm, then 8 cm (2 hrs later), then 9.5 approx. 1 hr later and started pushing around 11am. After only pushing for almost an hour we gave birth to out BEAUTIFUL BABY BOY at 11:49. Labor was hard but easier than I had expected and it was the most amazing feeling ever.

EMOTIONS:
How do you explain what if feels like to be a parent, you cant. There is not a book of anyone that can tell you what it is suppose to feel like, but it is by far the best and most AMAZING feeling I have ever felt and I am so glad that I have experienced this now in my life and so happy to have such an AMAZING husband and AMAZING son. Life is great, God is AMAZING.

1 comment:

ktyree said...

Congratulations Belinda!!!! Gavin is gorgeous!!! = )