Saturday, January 31, 2009

Glucose Results

Jan. 28
Well today was bad weather day and I had to work. The roads were so icy and my car was covered in ice. I left for work at 5:30 and did not get there till 7:10, so it took me and hour and a half to get to work which was horrible. However I made it and did so carefully.

I kept calling the home phone and checking my cell phone because I was suppose to get my glucose results today, but I only get a call if I failed the test. Well to my disappointment I got a call and I failed the test by 2 points which means I am at risk for gestational diabetes. I have to go back and repeat the test but its now a 3 hour test and have to have my blood drawn 4 times. I will be at the dr. office for about 4 hours and cant eat, drink and even leave the office. This day is not going to be fun, but I will do whatever I have to do to make sure I am keeping him safe.

That appt is set for our 28 wk appt and I will keep you posted.

No comments: