Sunday, August 16, 2009

Very touching service at Church today.

We have been attending Pantego Bible Church for over a year now and have really felt great about this Church and have got involved with Community Group and Home Group and everyone has been wonderful to us. Now that we have Gavin I have been thinking of how do we put Christ in his Life at such a young age. I just kept telling myself that we would figure it out and the more we are involved and the more we practice our Faith then he would see how Christ works and Faith would happen.

Well today we went to church early to meet the Nursery Coordinator, because we are going to start doing Nursery Ministry. As we were walking down to the classroom Kevin said that we needed to leave Gavin in the nursery today. I looked at him and I know that I gave him a crazy face (thinking to myself, you want me to leave him, are you crazy). However, I did say ok with a little, ok quite a bit of hesistance but decided it would be good since it was Gavin's naptime and I knew he would not sleep in service. The nursery coord. took Gavin and swaddled him and put him in the crib and he just layed there, prob. wondering where am I but he was calm so we went to service.

Service was great, finishing up the chapter on Colossians and how Paul wrote letters to each Church and had them delivered. In this the associate Pastor spoke on how the Church that he attended at the age of 12 and how much of difference it has made in his life and how his pastor then changed his life. So then a 12 yr old girl from service got on stage and spoke about how she had been attending Pantego since she was born and spoke of different people that she has encountered along the way and how they have touched her.

This all made me think about how Gavin's life can/will be changed by us as his Parents keeping him involed in Church and teaching him the values of living a Christian rich life. Today was God's way of reaching out to me and telling me to leave Gavin in the nursery because he is going to grow here and these people are going to be BIG influental people in his life and that we are doing this right.
GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS, BUT HE IS ALWAYS TEACHING US.

No comments: