Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sleeping

Well after seeing the Dr for his 2 mth check up and telling him that gavin does not sleep through the night he told us that he should be sleeping about 6-7 hr. stretches now and to let him cry it out. After talking with some friends they told us about the Ferber (not to sure on the spelling) method, which is to do the least invasive intervention when they are crying. Ex. stand at the door of his room, sit on the floor but with your back towards the crib that way you dont make eye contact, etc. Well 3 nights of doing it and it is really working, we do have to give him his pacifier but we stay in his room for about min and he falls back to sleep. The first night was hard he woke up every 30-40 min from 1 am till 3 am, 2nd night he woke up 2x and last night he only woke up once. When he wakes up at 4ish I still feed him, thats because when I go back to work I want to be able to do that before I leave instead of pumping. I was and still am amazed by how easy it worked, makes me think why did I not try this earlier.

No comments: